Meet Singles Now!
Singles Photos & Videos
Tips for Singles
News & Press
Women Looking for Men
Singles Only Travel & Tours
This feature packed tour of mainland Greece is well paced and expertly planned. In fact, it is so succesful that it has operated, due to popular demand, virtually unchanged for 20 years. Suited to visitors with limited holiday time or those combining with a cruise. Visits to the Parthenon, the ancient sites of Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi, as well as the monasteries of Meteora provide a unique history lesson for those interested in the birth of Western Civiliasation.
Day 1 Depart Canada/USA on your overnight flight (not included)
Day 2 Athens at Leisure. Welcome to Athens, the cradle of civilisation! After being met at the airport and transferred to your hotel, there is time to relax or explore before a Welcome Drink. (Breakfast included)
Day 3 Athens Sightseeing. Your sightseeing tour this morning delves deep into the glorious history of Athens. Highlight of the tour, of course, is a visit to the Acropolis, still dominating the frantic bustle of modern Athens with its serene presence. Admire the Parthenon, built in honour of the goddess Athena and still amazing in its grace, despite the loss of the Elgin Marbles. Then see the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. Why not join your fellow travelers for a night out with dinner and entertainment. (Buffet breakfast included)
Day 4 Athens – Olympia. Cross the breathtaking Corinth Canal to the Pelopnnese region and drive to the ancient ruined city of Mycenae. Walk through the Lion Gate, see the giant ‘Cyclopean’ stones which were used to build the city walls and visit the Beehive Tombs. A delightful drive takes you across the Arcadia Mountains to Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games in 776BC. (Buffet breakfast and Dinner included)
Day 5 Olympia – Delphi. Tour Olympia this morning seeing sites of the ancient temples, the Olympic Stadium and Gymnasium. Cross the mainland and follow the coast to Delphi, clinging to the side of Mount Parnassus at 2,000 feet. Ascend the Sacred Way, past the splendid Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians to the Temple of Apollo, where the Oracle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic ‘words’. (Buffet breakfast and Dinner included)
Day 6 Delphi – Kalambaka. Cross fertile Thessaly, the ‘bread basket of ancient Greece’ and head for the amazing monasteries of Meteora, incredibly perched on pinnacles of rock. Visit one of the monasteries and enjoy stunning views before continuing to your hotel in Kalambaka. (Buffet breakfast and Dinner included)
Day 7 Kalambaka – Athens. A morning scenic drive along the coast brings you to Thermopylae, famous for its heroic defence by Leonidis and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. After seeing the memorial, return to Athens for your final night in this fascinating city. (Buffet breakfast included)
Day 8 Return Home Sadly, your tour comes to an end today. Perhaps time to buy those last minute souvenirs before transferring to Athens airport for your onward flight. (Buffet breakfast included)
- Climb the Acropolis to admire the Parthenon and enjoy amazing views over Athens
- Visit one of the monasteries of Metéora perched atop towering pinnacles of rock
Additional Excursions and Sights
- See Hadrian’s Arch, the Temple of the Wingless Victory and Temple of Zeus in Athens
- Cross the breathtaking Corinth Canal
- Walk through the Lion Gate past the Cyclopean Stones to the ‘beehive’ tombs at Mycenae
- Tour the original Olympic Games site seeing the Gymnasium and Olympic Stadium
- Ascend the Sacred Way past the Treasury of the Athenians to the Temple of Apollo in Delphi
- Hear tales of Leonidas and his heroic Spartans at the pass of Thermopylae
Insight’s First Class Services
- Services of Insight’s professional multilingual Tour Director Days 3 – 7
- Travel by luxury 40 seat air-conditioned coach
- Athens hotel including service charges, taxes and porterage
- Insight Traveler document wallet, map book journal and information pack
- Services of Insight’s resident manager in Athens
- 6 Breakfasts (BB), and 4 special-menu Dinners, or Buffets, plus tea or coffee (D)
The price stated does not include air fare to and from Athens.
Please call us at 1.866.907.4006 for help finding affordable flights to this destination.
All sales are final and no refunds will be issued. If you cancel within the cancellation policy detailed in the event description below, a credit will be issued for the full amount that can be applied towards a future event. View the Meet Market Adventures Singles Event Policy.
1064 Coxwell Ave
Tel: (416) 461 – 0096 / 1-866-907-4006
E-mail: [email protected]
Your Meet Market Adventures membership includes:
- Free Online Dating Profiles
- Unlimited Chat with Singles
- Exclusive Singles Vacation & Travel Deals
- Invitations to Events to Meet Local Singles
- Singles Activities & Adventure Forums
- Adventure Photos and Videos Gallery
Join our Adventurous Singles today!