The Art of Talking is All About Observation
It has been said that there is no greater fear then the fear of failure. So how does one approach a single person who they have never met before, while elevating themselves past this primal instinct?
It’s all about the observation! Never allow yourself to get stuck in the rut of the cold call. Sure it might work for a traveling salesman, but for a sophisticated single it can spell disaster. The most important deed when meeting someone new is to stand back and observe your environment.
A good rule to follow is the three-minute delay. Before ascending onto the playing field, step back and observe the members of the opposite sex. Next, gather your data and use it to come up with a few key points to help you launch into a conversation later.
Here’s a great example. While waiting bravely for your turn to jump off a plane and plummet 10,000 feet through the air, take a moment to observe the behavior of those around you. If it’s mannerisms, comments, or just body language, store this data to use once you have your feet firmly on the ground. Then, simply approach the unknown with a key point taken from your observation chart.
Perhaps it will be going up to the woman who jumped off the plane before you, and telling her she had it right for screaming before she jumped. It’s as simple as that.
Having something to say that directly relates to the environment around you makes it easier to open the pathway of communication. Never forget, knowledge is power. The more you know, the less you don’t know. So it stands to reason that by observing those around you, it will further your ability to converse and bury the fear of failure that lurks in the pits of our bones.
Written by: Kim Ward
More articles like this
- Online Dating Agencies
- Internet Dating
- Free Online Singles
- Free Online Dating
- Free Online Dating Service
- Free Dating Services
- Find Singles
- Dating Websites
- Dating Website
- Dating Singles
- Dating Single
- Dating Service
- Dating Personals
- Dating Events
- Not All Free Online Dating Sites are Free Online Dating Sites
- The Joy of Kissing
- What to wear on your first Date
- Top 10 Ways To Be Comfortable in Any Situation
- The Social Circle
- The Art of Talking is All About Observation
- Medicine Cabinet Must Haves: 10 Things No Single Person’s Bathroom Shelf Should Be Without
- Fresh Breaks To Help You Spring Forward
- 5 Emergency Flirting Tips For Dating
- The Power Of Personal Values
- Love Is A Pattern
- We’re Taught Average Skills For Love
- What Color Is Your Picket Fence?
- Casual sex, it’s not for everyone!
- Getting back out there, 2nd time around or more!
- Online dating, a ranting expose!
- Valentine’s Tips for Singles
- THE BEAUTY OF OPTIMISM.
- Packing 101: Everything You Need for a Weekend in the Woods
- Nice Rack : A Guide to Transporting Your Outdoor Gear
- New Year’s Fitness Program: 5 Guidelines for Fitness Success for Beginners
- Indoor Cycling for Winter Fitness
- Holiday Fitness Tips
- Core Strength for Outdoor Sports
- Living your Best Life, Single! by, Terri Giosia
- The Home Depot Revolution in Investing?
- Quick training tips for your first 10K
- Running on vacation? Consider the variables
- Top 10 foods for reducing your risk of cancer
- What Constitutes a Good Life
- Ending Procrastination
- 6 Weeks to 7 Figures
- *Risk-dating* By Dr. Janice D. Bennett
- Ready. Aim. Hired.
- Worked Over?
- 20 ways to break the ice
- Defy Gravity in Six Weeks
- The Top 10 Supplements for Men
- Drink Yourself Skinny
- 5 People Who Complicate Your Life
- The Inside & Outside Of Male-Female Friendships
- YOUR *DATING ROAD MAP*
- Trail Running for Dummies
- Free Online Dating Profiles
- Unlimited Chat with Singles
- Exclusive Singles Vacation & Travel Deals
- Invitations to Events to Meet Local Singles
- Singles Activities & Adventure Forums
- Adventure Photos and Videos Gallery