The Power Of Personal Values
It’s simply a matter of awareness. Once you go through the process of identifying a specific set of values you begin attracting people and situations that support that ideology. When you’re not given the opportunity to create a strong set of beliefs, you adopt many of your childhood care giver’s behaviors and decision-making skills, whether good or bad, which ultimately become, for lack of a better word, your patterns.
Values are every man’s right and privilege, they’re non-denominational and do not adhere to any specific religion, government or educational institution”.
Values are often described as ethics, virtues, beliefs, guiding principles, ideals and even a personal moral compass for which to live life. Regardless of terminology they all share the same goal, which is to provide: inner happiness; increased confidence; better decision-making; fulfilling relationships; create balance; clearer direction; and greater personal awareness. Core values act as rules or criteria for all of your decisions and actions. They guide our decision-making process and can range from how we choose our friends to our charitable actions or to the level of honor we exhibit in difficult situations. Our core values also cover all of the categories that define your life such as personal, social, aesthetic, religious, political, and health. They help us choose between good and bad, they support and help establish our goals, they give us a sense of purpose, and help us define work, friends, family and relationships. Values are every man’s right and privilege, they’re non-denominational and do not adhere to any specific religion, government or educational institution.
Historically, values have long been recognized as an important factor to creating a happier, more fulfilling life. Great men from Aristotle to Benjamin Franklin wholeheartedly believed in the development of personal values. Thousands of years ago, the Greeks inscribed aphorisms, such as ‘Know Thyself’ and ‘Nothing in Excess’, in many spiritual locations. Aristotle adopted these same philosophies and created 7 virtues that he described as the ‘mean’ between good and bad excesses. At the age of 20, Benjamin Franklin, one of the most revered men in American history, crafted 13 values so that he could live a purpose driven life. These men lived thousands of years apart and in completely different times, yet shared the understanding that values helped them establish goals and achieve a positive and healthy way of living.
Benjamin Franklin identified the following 13: Temperance; Silence; Order; Resolution; Frugality; Industry; Sincerity; Justice; Moderation; Cleanliness; Tranquility; Chastity; Humility
Aristotle identified the following 7 virtues: Courage; Temperance; Liberality; Magnificence; Pride; Gentleness; Agreeableness; Truthfulness; Wit
For decades, successful corporations have also been using values, value statements, strategic planning, corporate vision and mission statements. They keep all layers in the organization aware of long and short-term goals, which let them communicate corporate ideologies. It also gives them direction and creates cohesiveness among the staff, as well as making sure that everyone is ‘on the same page’.
So you see, establishing your own set of core values has many benefits, including raising personal awareness, opening your eyes to the world around you, and mostly helping you break some of those old patterns, which you’ll discover never defined you as a person anyway. Check out our website it you’d like to learn how to identify your top 10 values.
About Joseph Stuczynski
Joseph Stuczynski is the founder and author of “Living and Loving Well”, a powerful 4-step method that develops one’s core values as a foundation for creating positive life changes. LLW specializes in private coaching, workshops and seminars that encourage personal development through the LLW method. Joe is also a PMI certified (PMP) project manager with more than 10 years of Information Technology experience in a Fortune 250 company.
Visit his website www.livingandlovingwell.com
email: [email protected]
More articles like this
- Online Dating Agencies
- Internet Dating
- Free Online Singles
- Free Online Dating
- Free Online Dating Service
- Free Dating Services
- Find Singles
- Dating Websites
- Dating Website
- Dating Singles
- Dating Single
- Dating Service
- Dating Personals
- Dating Events
- Not All Free Online Dating Sites are Free Online Dating Sites
- The Joy of Kissing
- What to wear on your first Date
- Top 10 Ways To Be Comfortable in Any Situation
- The Social Circle
- The Art of Talking is All About Observation
- Medicine Cabinet Must Haves: 10 Things No Single Person’s Bathroom Shelf Should Be Without
- Fresh Breaks To Help You Spring Forward
- 5 Emergency Flirting Tips For Dating
- The Power Of Personal Values
- Love Is A Pattern
- We’re Taught Average Skills For Love
- What Color Is Your Picket Fence?
- Casual sex, it’s not for everyone!
- Getting back out there, 2nd time around or more!
- Online dating, a ranting expose!
- Valentine’s Tips for Singles
- THE BEAUTY OF OPTIMISM.
- Packing 101: Everything You Need for a Weekend in the Woods
- Nice Rack : A Guide to Transporting Your Outdoor Gear
- New Year’s Fitness Program: 5 Guidelines for Fitness Success for Beginners
- Indoor Cycling for Winter Fitness
- Holiday Fitness Tips
- Core Strength for Outdoor Sports
- Living your Best Life, Single! by, Terri Giosia
- The Home Depot Revolution in Investing?
- Quick training tips for your first 10K
- Running on vacation? Consider the variables
- Top 10 foods for reducing your risk of cancer
- What Constitutes a Good Life
- Ending Procrastination
- 6 Weeks to 7 Figures
- *Risk-dating* By Dr. Janice D. Bennett
- Ready. Aim. Hired.
- Worked Over?
- 20 ways to break the ice
- Defy Gravity in Six Weeks
- The Top 10 Supplements for Men
- Drink Yourself Skinny
- 5 People Who Complicate Your Life
- The Inside & Outside Of Male-Female Friendships
- YOUR *DATING ROAD MAP*
- Trail Running for Dummies
- Free Online Dating Profiles
- Unlimited Chat with Singles
- Exclusive Singles Vacation & Travel Deals
- Invitations to Events to Meet Local Singles
- Singles Activities & Adventure Forums
- Adventure Photos and Videos Gallery